Netflix have announced that there will be 100 Netflix Original projects from Europe, the Middle East and Africa by the end of this year and they have just announced 10 new ones from Europe.
The 10 new European projects are:
- Netflix’s first Dutch original series, created by production company Pupkin and launching in 2019. In the liberal city of Amsterdam, these Dutch students have it all: youth, wealth, sex, power…and the portal to a demonic world from the Dutch Golden Age they opened by accident.
- Mortel (France). Netflix’s fifth original series from France tells the story of teenagers bound together by a supernatural force. The series will be created by Frédéric Garcia and produced by Mandarin Television.
- The Wave (Germany). Netflix’s third original series from Germany is based on the hit movie THE WAVE and inspired by real events. Produced by Rat Pack in association with Sony Pictures Television Germany.
- Luna Nera (Italy). An original genre series about women suspected of witchcraft in 17th century Italy, created by Francesca Manieri, Laura Paolucci and Tiziana Triana, and produced by Fandango.
- La Casa de Papel Part 3 (Spain). After the global success of Part 1 and 2 of the Spanish heist sensation, the Professor will develop new heists that will be unveiled in 2019.
- The English Game (UK). A six-part drama about the invention of football and how those involved in its creation reached across the class divide to establish the game as the world’s most popular sport. Produced by 42 and written by Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes.
- Turn Up Charlie (UK), a new Netflix original comedy series from the UK starring Idris Elba. The eight-part series is executive produced by Idris Elba and Gary Reich.
- A docu-series based on one of the biggest cold cases in French history, the murder of Grégory Villemin in 1984. Elodie Polo Ackermann will serve as producer (Imagissime – Lagardère Studios) and Gilles Marchand as showrunner.
- The Staircase, the compelling story of Michael Peterson, a crime novelist accused of killing his wife Kathleen after she is found dead at the bottom of a staircase in their home, and the 16-year judicial battle that followed. The brand new episodes of this true crime phenomenon will air alongside the original series. Produced by Matthieu Belghiti and produced and directed by Academy award-winner Jean-Xavier de Lestrade.
- Netflix’s first Italian original film Rimetti a Noi i Nostri Debiti (Forgive Us Our Debts) by Antonio Morabito with Claudio Santamaria, Marco Giallini and Jerzy Stuhr.