Netflix has rounded out the cast for the upcoming “Wednesday” TV series with the addition of four new cast members. The new cast will star alongside Jenna Ortega as Wednesday, and Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzmán as Morticia and Gomez Addams.
Gwendoline Christie will play “Larissa Weems,” the principal of Nevermore Academy who still has an axe to grind with her former classmate Morticia Addams.
The Addams Family has also been rounded out with Isaac Ordonez (Pugsley Addams), Victor Dorobantu (Thing), and George Burcea (Lurch).
Other cast members are as follows:
- JENNA ORTEGA is WEDNESDAY ADDAMS
- CATHERINE ZETA-JONES and LUIS GUZMÁN are MORTICIA and GOMEZ ADDAMS
- JOY SUNDAY joins as BIANCA BARCLAY, a popular student at Wednesday’s school Nevermore Academy
- EMMA MYERS will be ENID SINCLAIR, Wednesday’s roommate
- HUNTER DOOHAN will be TYLER GALPIN, a townie who befriends Wednesday
- MOOSA MOSTAFA is EUGENE OTINGER, a quirky Nevermore student
- GEORGIE FARMER is AJAX PETROPOLUS, a Gorgon student
- NAOMI J. OGAWA is YOKO TANAKA, a Nevermore vampire “cool kid”
- PERCY HYNES WHITE plays XAVIER THORPE, a supernaturally artistic student
- JAMIE MCSHANE is SHERIFF DONOVAN GALPIN, who has a vendetta against Gomez Addams
- THORA BIRCH as TAMARA NOVAK, Wednesday’s dorm mother and the only “Normie” on staff at Nevermore Academy
- RIKI LINDHOME as DR. VALERIE KINBOTT, a local therapist who takes a particular interest in Wednesday
Production is likely to start soon and there are no details about other cast or release dates at this early stage. Tim Burton will be directing alongside Alfred Gough and Miles Millar who will act as showrunners and executive producers.
The upcoming eight-episode series is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday’s years as a student at the peculiar Nevermore Academy. Wednesday’s attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago – all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships of the strange and diverse student body.