Netflix has released some first look images from the upcoming Ricky Gervais series “After Life”. Tony (Ricky Gervais) had a perfect life. But after his wife Lisa suddenly dies, Tony changes. After contemplating taking his own life, he decides instead to live long enough to punish the world by saying and doing whatever he likes from now on. He thinks it’s like a Super Power — not caring about himself or anyone else — but it turns out to be tricky when everyone is trying to save the nice guy they used to know.
Production began in July 2018 and the cast includes some new British talent as well as a number of people Gervais has previously worked with and the 6 x half hour episodes will arrive on March 8th.
Starring alongside Gervais are:
- Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey, Doctor Who)
- David Bradley (The Harry Potter series, Game of Thrones)
- Ashley Jensen (Extras)
- Tom Basden (Plebs, David Brent: Life On The Road)
- Tony Way (Edge of Tomorrow)
- David Earl (Cemetery Junction, Derek)
- Joe Wilkinson (Him and Her)
- Kerry Godliman (Derek)
- Mandeep Dhillon, Jo Hartley, Roisin Conaty and Diane Morgan (David Brent: Life On The Road)