Netflix has teased a new children’s and family animated film “Arlo the Alligator Boy” which will premier in 2021. The musical film will be followed up by a TV series titled “I ❤️️ Arlo” which will consist of twenty 11min episodes. The film and show were created by Ryan Crego – famous for creating other family friendly shows and films such as “Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh”, “Puss in Boots” and “Shrek Forever After”.
Upon learning that he is from New York City, a wide-eyed boy, who is half human and half alligator, decides to leave his sheltered life in the swamp and search for his long lost father.
The movie, “Arlo the Alligator Boy”, will launch Arlo’s journey as he meets a group of misfits who quickly become his new family. Once Arlo’s adventure lands him in New York City, the series, “I ❤ ️️Arlo”, will kick off as he and his newfound crew set up shop in an abandoned seaside neighborhood and help bring it back to life.
The voice cast for the film and series includes:
- Singer and American Idol contestant Michael J. Woodard
- Grammy-nominated musician Mary Lambert (Singer/songwriter, “Same Love”)
- Michael “Flea” Balzary of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Annie Potts (Toy Story)
- Tony Hale (Veep)
- Brett Gelman (Stranger Things)
- Jonathan Van Ness (Queer Eye)
- Haley Tju (Trinkets)
- Jennifer Coolidge (2 Broke Girls)
- Vincent Rodriguez III (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend).