January Jones has been added to the cast of upcoming edgy drama series “Spinning Out” which follows a competitive ice skater who chokes during an important performance which results in a disastrous fall. Jones has previously starred as Betty Draper in ABC’sMad Men and will play Carol Baker, a former figure skater who was forced to give up her gold medal dreams when she became pregnant. Now she pushes both grown daughters to become Olympians in order to fulfill the dream she could never achieve.
- Two-time Olympian, NBC Correspondent, and Food Network host Johnny Weir is Gabe. Gabe seems like an easy-going guy but under his funny, laidback exterior he’s a cutthroat competitor who will stop at nothing to beat Kat and Justin.
- Sarah Wright Olsen (American Made, Marry Me) is Mandy, Justin’s stepmother. Raised in rural Kentucky, Mandy started her own real estate business from scratch. She fell in love with Justin’s widower father when she sold him a house, and has helped raise his two younger sons.
- Will Kemp (Reign, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce) is Mitch, the charming, British ‘it coach’ in the region who has gotten scores of girls into high-level competitions. When he first signs on to be Serena’s coach, she’s sure she will finally best her sister.
- Kaitlyn Leeb (Shadowhunters, Total Recall, Slasher) is Leah, Gabe’s skating partner who is as mean as she is beautiful. When she’s replaced by Kat as Justin’s pair partner, she makes it her life’s mission to take the two of them down.
- Amanda Zhou (October Faction, IT:Chapter Two) is Jenn, Kat’s foul-mouthed best friend who doesn’t suffer fools. Jenn is an extremely talented single skater, the daughter of Chinese immigrants who own a successful local sporting goods store, and Serena’s main competition.
- Mitchell Edwards (All American, The Fix, Roxanne Roxanne) is Marcus, son of a prominent African American family, and Kat’s co-worker at the lodge bar. Besides being a bartender, he is also a gifted skier who is trying to find his place in a predominantly white sport.
- Kaya Scodelario as Kat
- Willow Shields as Serena
- Evan Roderick as Justin
Kat Baker is an up-and-coming, high-level single skater who’s about to turn in her skates after a disastrous fall took her off the competition track. When Kat seizes an opportunity to continue her career as a pair skater with a talented bad-boy partner, she risks exposing a fiercely kept secret that could unravel her entire life. On and off the ice, Kat and her new partner will face daunting odds, injury to body and soul, financial sacrifice, and even potential mental breakdown on their way to realizing their Olympic dream.