We already know that “The Crown” season 4 will arrive November 15th and now Netflix has released a new trailer. The upcoming series includes the new characters Margaret Thatcher (Gillian Anderson) and Diana, Princess of Wales (Emma Corrin). Further cast can be seen further down the page.
As the 1970s are drawing to a close, Queen Elizabeth (Olivia Colman) and her family find themselves preoccupied with safeguarding the line of succession by securing an appropriate bride for Prince Charles (Josh O’Connor), who is still unmarried at 30. As the nation begins to feel the impact of divisive policies introduced by Britain’s first female Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (Gillian Anderson), tensions arise between her and the Queen which only grow worse as Thatcher leads the country into the Falklands War, generating conflict within the Commonwealth. While Charles’ romance with a young Lady Diana Spencer (Emma Corrin) provides a much-needed fairytale to unite the British people, behind closed doors, the Royal family is becoming increasingly divided.
The current season 3 cast will return for season 4 along with a couple of new additions.
- Queen Elizabeth II – Olivia Colman
- Prince Philip – Tobias Menzies
- Queen Mother – Marion Bailey
- Princess Margaret – Helena Bonham Carter
- Prime Minister Harold Wilson – Jason Watkins
- Princess Anne – Erin Doherty
- Prince Charles – Josh O’Connor
- Camilla Parker Bowles – Emerald Fennell
- Margaret Thatcher – Gillian Anderson (new for season 4)
- Diana, Princess of Wales – Emma Corrin (new season 4)