Netflix has just announced ten new cast members for the upcoming “Wednesday” TV series. The new cast will star alongside Jenna Ortega (“The Babysitter: Killer Queen”) a Wednesday and Catherine Zeta-Jones (“The Darling Buds of May”) and Luis Guzmán (“Traffic”) as Morticia and Gomez Addams. The new cast includes Joy Sunday, Emma Myers, Hunter Doohan, Thora Birch and more. Read on for the full details of the cast and their characters:
- JOY SUNDAY joins as BIANCA BARCLAY, a popular student at Wednesday’s school Nevermore Academy
- EMMA MYERS will be ENID SINCLAIR, Wednesday’s roommate
- HUNTER DOOHAN will be TYLER GALPIN, a townie who befriends Wednesday
- MOOSA MOSTAFA is EUGENE OTINGER, a quirky Nevermore student
- GEORGIE FARMER is AJAX PETROPOLUS, a Gorgon student
- NAOMI J. OGAWA is YOKO TANAKA, a Nevermore vampire “cool kid”
- PERCY HYNES WHITE plays XAVIER THORPE, a supernaturally artistic student
- JAMIE MCSHANE is SHERIFF DONOVAN GALPIN, who has a vendetta against Gomez Addams
- THORA BIRCH as TAMARA NOVAK, Wednesday’s dorm mother and the only “Normie” on staff at Nevermore Academy
- RIKI LINDHOME as DR. VALERIE KINBOTT, a local therapist who takes a particular interest in Wednesday
Production is likely to start soon and there are no details about other cast or release dates at this early stage. Tim Burton will be directing alongside Alfred Gough and Miles Millar who will act as showrunners and executive producers.
The upcoming eight-episode series is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday’s years as a student at the peculiar Nevermore Academy. Wednesday’s attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago – all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships of the strange and diverse student body.