Back in the Summer of 2018 we announced that Netflix had struck a deal with the UK’s Channel 4 for the popular British baking show “The Great British Bake Off” to come to the US. The show, rebranded as “The Great British Baking Show” for US audiences, is now set to return on September 25th with episodes being added weekly, 3 days after they air in the UK. The show will be ‘Collection 8’ but is technically Season 11 in the UK.
The hit show sees 12 amateur bakers fighting through 10 rounds of competitions to find the winning baker.
The season numbering is a bit confusing for those who have seen the original UK show but here are the details of what is currently available on Netflix USA.
- The Great British Baking Show: The Beginnings (UK season 3): already available
- Netflix collections 1-7 (UK seasons 4-10): already available
- Holiday specials 2018-2019: already available
- Netflix Collection 8 (UK season 11): Weekly episodes from September 25th 2020
- Holiday specials 2020: 2 episodes arriving December 2020
The tent is back open for business!
On September 25, an all-new season of The Great British Baking Show will start rolling out on Netflix in The US — new episodes will be available every Friday (three days after they premiere in The UK) pic.twitter.com/CQdzQbTiJ6
— Netflix (@netflix) September 15, 2020