Netflix has released the trailer for their upcoming revamp of “Unsolved Mysteries” from 21 Laps, the producers of “Stranger Things”. The first 6 episodes of the series launched back in July with the second part, another 6 episodes, arriving October 19th. The series maintains the chilling feeling viewers loved about the original, while also telling the stories through the lens of a premium Netflix documentary series. Each episode will focus on one mystery and once again will look to viewers to help aid investigators in closing the book on long outstanding cases.
The revamped show will use the same, original theme tune but will take a slightly different format. The original series was hosted by Robert Stack, who passed away in 2003, but the new Netflix version will take on a hostless format with the creators stating that this is “because the late, legendary Robert Stack was a singular and irreplaceable presence” and that “no one could fill Bob’s shoes”.
The older series also fit four stories into each episode but the revamped show will dedicate an entire episode to each story allowing deeper storytelling and a more intimate connection between the viewers and the show. Viewers can also submit information about any of the cases via the website at https://unsolved.com/ instead of calling in.
The episode titles and brief synopses are shown below
- Washington Inside Murder – The death of John P. Wheeler III is explored.
- Death in Oslo – The case of of an unidentified woman who died in a hotel in Norway.
- Death Row Fugitive – The story of murderer and sex offender Lester Eubanks.
- Tsunami Spirits – People claim to see ghosts in Ishinomaki, Japan following a tsunami in 2011.
- Lady in the Lake – The death of JoAnn Romain is profiled.
- Stolen Kids – The the story of two toddlers who went missing within months of each other in Harlem in 1989.