Netflix has now officially announced that their Original romance series “Virgin River” has been renewed for a second series. The show, which premiered earlier this month, stars Alexandra Breckenridge (This is Us, The Walking Dead) and Martin Henderson (Grey’s Anatomy, Miracles from Heaven, Everest). The 10-episode series, based on the books by Robyn Carr, follows Melinda Monroe (Breckenridge) and Jack Sheridan (Henderson).
Melinda Monroe answers an ad to work as a nurse practitioner in the remote California town of Virgin River thinking it will be the perfect place to start fresh and leave her painful memories behind. But she soon discovers that small-town living isn’t quite as simple as she expected and that she must learn to heal herself before she can truly make Virgin River her home.
— See What's Next (@seewhatsnext) December 20, 2019
You can see the trailer for season 1 below:
Full cast and character descriptions:
- Alexandra Breckenridge (This is Us, The Walking Dead) as Melinda Monroe: Desperate to move on from her painful past, she’s left everything she knows behind in Los Angeles and accepted a job as a nurse practitioner in the remote northern California town of Virgin River.
- Martin Henderson (Grey’s Anatomy, Miracles from Heaven, Everest) as Jack Sheridan: A sharp-witted ex-Marine commander, Jack Sheridan moved to Virgin River after his service was over in search of a peaceful life, far away from the horrors of war.
- Tim Matheson (The Affair, The Good Fight, The West Wing) as Doc Mullins: Set in his ways and a bit of a curmudgeon, he’s not keen on working with anyone including Mel, who he views as a challenge to his authority.
- Annette O’Toole (Smallville, Marvel’s The Punisher) as Hope McCrea: Virgin River’s brash and blunt mayor – a little rough around the edges, but her saving grace is her love for the town and her mission to preserve it.
- Jenny Cooper (Grey’s Anatomy, Open Heart) as Joey Barnes: Mel’s charming older sister, adviser, trusted confidante, and best friend.
- David Cubitt (Siren, Medium) as Calvin: The unquestioned leader of the largest of the many illegal pot fields that litter the landscape around Virgin River.
- Lexa Doig (Arrow, The Arrangement) as Paige Lassiter: A local entrepreneur, and an illustrious baker with a warm smile who has secrets of her own.
- Daniel Gillies (The Originals, Saving Hope) as Mark: Mel’s first love. Strikingly handsome and accomplished, a surgeon in the Los Angeles ER where Mel worked.
- Lauren Hammersley (Orphan Black, Mr. D) as Charmaine Roberts: An attractive hair stylist from nearby Clear River, and competition for Jack’s attention.
- Benjamin Hollingsworth (Code Black, Cold Pursuit) as Dan Brady: Another former Marine under Jack’s command, Brady differs from Preacher in almost every way.
- Colin Lawrence (Riverdale, Good Doctor) as John “Preacher” Middleton: Jack’s best friend, the two men served in the military together.
- Ian Tracey (Bates Motel, Incorporated) as Jimmy: Calvin’s lieutenant and enforcer, anyone unfortunate enough to incur Calvin’s wrath is inevitably forced to deal with Jimmy.