If you have a Google Home and a Chromecast (or Chromecast-enabled TV) then you might be interested in this feature from Google. Until a few months ago, if you linked your Netflix account it would only use the main Netflix profile. If you have voice profiles for other family members then whenever they used Google Home to watch something on Netflix it would show on your history. The new update allows each person with a voice profile on the Google Home to link to their specific Netflix profile – so no more Peppa Pig on your watch-history!
In order to set this up simply work through the following steps:
- Open the Google Home app on your phone
- Tap the menu button at the top left
- Scroll down and tap on ‘More settings…’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Video and Photos’
- Under the Netflix subscription tap on ‘MANAGE PROFILE’
Note: if your app only has the option of ‘UNLINK’ then tap on ‘UNLINK’ and then tap on ‘LINK’
- You will then be logged into your Netflix account and you can select the profile for your Google account
- Repeat steps 1-6 on each person’s Google Home app/account.
Let us know if you have any other Netflix-related tips for Google Home.