Netflix has added a great new feature which I’m sure will come into use during the current Covid-19 lockdown. Most parents will, at some point, have launched their profile only to find it full of recommendations ‘…because you watched Peppa Pig’ (you may even have experienced this if you have a passive-aggressive ex who still has your Netflix account details). Well now you can easily add a 4-digit PIN to any profiles on your account and it works across all your devices.
To set up the PIN simply follow these steps
- Go to your Account page – either by clicking this link https://www.netflix.com/MyAccount; or clicking your profile photo at the top right of the website then selecting account; or by tapping ‘more’ in the app and choosing Account.
- Click on the arrow next to the profile you want to lock and it will expand to show a number of profile options
- Click on ‘Change’ next to Profile Lock
- You will be prompted to enter your Netflix account password
- Once your password has been confirmed you can enter a 4-digit PIN (and also decide if you want the PIN to be entered to create new profiles)
- Click on ‘Save’ and then a padlock icon will show up next to your profile
- Now when you switch profiles you will be prompted for your PIN
- When you’re finished, remember to click you profile picture and select ‘Exit Profile’
As an extra courtesy you will also receive confirmation via email of the PIN that has been set – so if someone in your household sets it up without you knowing then the account holder still has overall access.
We hope you find this guide useful! Let us know if you have made use of it and set up profile PINs for your family.